SepTandy 2023 - SGEDIT in React

It's very nearly September so time to start thinking about SepTandy for 2023!

I had a few ideas but settled on and update to SGEdit. I have quite a few ideas on what to do. There's some new features I want to add, but I decided to start by picking up an abandoned rewrite of the app in React. To see what state it's in, I tried to get it running tonight but breaking changes in the JS web stack prevented that.

So initial plan is to rebuild it from scratch from an empty app. The unfinished React version was more ambitious with plans for more screen modes. This time around I'd like to focus it back onto the classic 32 by 16 screen with easy to use outputs. Once I am happy with that, I'll maybe consider other fancier stuff. 

I will update GitHub as I go if you want to follow along with the code. The WIP output will appear hereShould be fun! Hope you can come along for the ride.




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful project. Have you considered adding 6847T1 font support as well? https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/devices/video/mc6847.cpp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! I've not seen that font (don't do much with MAME). I will take a look.

    ReplyDelete

Magic Mirror On The Screen

Well this doesn't need much explanation either... mirroring. Again the buttons aren't amazing but are functional.  The code is on  G...